Under the supervision of the Head of the IPPFAR Sub Office to the African Union (AU), the intern will be responsible for providing support to technical advocacy teams working under different themes of the African Union Commission’s departments and other partners such as the United Nations Economic Commission for Africa (UNECA).
ROLES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Represent the Sub Office in various policy and technical committees;
- Participate in strategic events as well as soliciting the allocation of speaking slots, and by organising key side events that influence policy change.
- Provide regular briefings on emerging activities that are of interest to the organisation.
- Monitor policy discussions and involvement in negotiations at events with a view to influence inclusion of SRHR in relevant AU reports and technical documents.
- Assist with the development of regular SRHR briefs for Permanent Missions and other Embassies.
- Update calendar of events as well as the data base of all Embassies, Permanent Missions and UN agencies and other organisations relevant to the Federation.
- Strategies and plans including M&E:
- Monitor and evaluate the implementation of all instruments acceded by member states of the African Union.
- Assist to establish an accountability mechanism for Member States and their adherence to their regional and global commitments.
- Undertake the Monitoring and Evaluation on the agreed process indicators.
- Internal Communication
- Contribute to the IPPFAR monthly bulletin (through the collection of stories and best advocacy practices, as well as the achievements of the Liaison Office.
- Assist with the dissemination of events calendar to RO and MAs.
- Assists with reporting
REQUIRED SKILLS AND EXPERIENCE
- Should have completed (graduated) university degree (Bachelor's level or equivalent) in international relations, public policy, public health, communications or other equivalent fields
- No professional work experience is required for participation in the Internship Programme.
- Fluency in spoken and written English is required for the internship, Knowledge of French is an advantage.
- Proven interest in SRHR issues is an asset
Interested individuals should submit an application form in the IPPFARO CV form (see attachment below) and a 1-page cover letter to: email@example.com Please note that we will not consider applications that are not done in the requested format.
IPPF is an equal opportunity employer.
IPPF has been made aware of various fraudulent vacancy announcements circulated via e-mail from websites falsely stating that they are issued by or in association with IPPF. These correspondences, which may seek to obtain money from the recipients of such correspondence are fraudulent and IPPF does not charge a fee at any stage of the recruitment process (application, interview, meeting, processing, training or any other fees).