The International Planned Parenthood Federation (IPPF) is the world’s largest non-governmental organization working in the field of sexual and reproductive health information and services. It has six Regional Offices worldwide. The Africa Regional office is based in Nairobi, Kenya while the international secretariat is in London, UK.
IPPF Africa Regional Office is seeking to recruit a qualified candidate for the position of Intern – Programme Department.
The incumbent will support the programs team on Sexual and Reproductive Health and Rights (SRHR) programmes activities under the supervision of the Head of department with dotted lines to the Program Lead or Program Specialist or restricted project advisor/coordinator.
ROLES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Support on the provision of timely administrative, logistical, and financial support to the implementing program units in collaboration with other departments within the Regional and Central Offices as necessary
- Support the development of Annual Planning & Budget (APB), concept notes, proposals and/or innovative initiatives for the region’s Sexual and Reproductive Health and Rights programmes.
- Work with Program units in identifying, gathering and consolidating key program and technical information from Member Associations (MAs) during programs/projects/approaches development and implementation that is consistent with the Region’s APB and the IPPF strategic framework.
- Support on the monitoring of activity implementation progress and status of budgets (SOB) for timely joint review where needed
- Contribute to quarterly, semi-annually, and annual reports preparation and submission.
- Support to prepare and organise virtual or in presence meetings/workshops/conferences in the department.
- Assist in the preparation and compilation of initiative/project briefs/updates/summaries/service statistics trends for internal and external audiences (quarterly reviews, departmental meetings, donor’s meetings, conferences, webinars, periodical bulletins etc.)
- Contribute to logistical planning and support for any Program team member’s travel related activities
- To build and maintain positive relationships with all members of staff, and contacts within and outside the Regional Office.
- To undertake any other reasonable duties as may be requested from time to time, mainly duties in support of broader priorities of the Programme department
- The above tasks and responsibilities will help the intern to draw up an Internship Programme detailing how the work will be completed, responsibilities undertaken, by when and under whose guidance.
REQUIRED SKILLS AND EXPERIENCE
- Qualification (certificates) in the area of social development, social sciences and/or project management
- Or enrolled student in the final academic/professional training year around social development, social sciences and/or project management or related fields.
- No professional work experience is required for participation in the IPPFARO Internship Programme.
- Proven interest in SRHR and/or Youth issues is an added advantage
- Fluency in spoken and written English is required for the internship, Knowledge of French is highly desirable.
- Knowledge/skills on TIC and MS Suite of packages
Interested individuals should submit an application form in the IPPFARO CV form (see attachment below) and a 1-page cover letter to: firstname.lastname@example.org Please note that we will not consider applications that are not done in the requested format.
IPPF is an equal opportunity employer.
IPPF has been made aware of various fraudulent vacancy announcements circulated via e-mail from websites falsely stating that they are issued by or in association with IPPF. These correspondences, which may seek to obtain money from the recipients of such correspondence are fraudulent and IPPF does not charge a fee at any stage of the recruitment process (application, interview, meeting, processing, training or any other fees).