Under the supervision of the Head of External Relations, Advocacy and Communication and the Lead Manager Strategic Communications, Media Relations and Digital Campaigning, the intern will specifically be responsible for assisting IPPFAR with the implementation of its internal and external media strategy. A work plan with achievements for the duration of the Internship and learning opportunities will be agreed upon.
ROLES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Conduct media and social media monitoring; Production of a weekly media review focusing on SRHR and gender related issues in the countries covered by IPPF ARO; prepare overview of IPPF ARO media coverage; collect the best examples of SRHR promotion in media and social media;
- Support to the production and design of the IPPF ARO monthly bulletin
- Prepare and edit (using photo- and video-editing software) multimedia materials aimed at raising awareness about IPPF ARO and its Member Associations’ activities
- Cooperate with Member Associations and IPPF ARO’s journalist and youth networks to collect photos and feature stories
- Assist with the mapping of Member Associations’ advocacy tools, strengths and activities
- Assist in drafting, editing and/or translation of articles, feature stories, captions for photo galleries and other types of materials about IPPF ARO activities or relevant SRHR issues;
- Maintain database of contacts (including media, external counterparts, donors, government and NGO partners);
- Maintain up-to-date photo bank of pictures from IPPF ARO field activities, meetings, seminars, and other events;
- Assist with maintaining stock of IPPF ARO visibility materials;
- Other tasks as required
REQUIRED SKILLS AND EXPERIENCE
- Enrolled student of graduate school programme (second university degree or equivalent, or higher) in Journalism, Communication, Media, International relations, Political science, Law or related field; or
- Enrolled student in the final academic year of a first university degree programme (minimum Bachelor's level or equivalent) in Journalism, Communication, Media, International relations, Political science, Law or related field; or
- Graduate student of any of the above.
- Intermediate photography and/or filming skills;
- Additional technical skills are desirable, including proficiency in Adobe Photoshop or photo-editing software and movie-editing software such as Adobe Premier;
- No professional work experience is required for participation in the Internship Programme.
- Fluency in spoken and written English is required for the internship, Knowledge of French is an advantage.
- Translation skills are an asset. Proven interest in SRHR issues is an asset
Interested individuals should submit an application form in the IPPFARO CV form (see attachment below) and a 1-page cover letter to: email@example.com Please note that we will not consider applications that are not done in the requested format.
IPPF is an equal opportunity employer.
IPPF has been made aware of various fraudulent vacancy announcements circulated via e-mail from websites falsely stating that they are issued by or in association with IPPF. These correspondences, which may seek to obtain money from the recipients of such correspondence are fraudulent and IPPF does not charge a fee at any stage of the recruitment process (application, interview, meeting, processing, training or any other fees).