About IPPF Africa Region
The International Planned Parenthood Federation Africa Region (IPPFAR) is the leading sexual and reproductive health (SRH) service delivery organization in Africa, and the leading sexual and reproductive health and rights advocacy voice in the region.
Headquartered in Nairobi, Kenya, the overarching goal of IPPFAR is to increase access to SRHR services to the most vulnerable youth, men and women in sub-Saharan Africa.
Supported by thousands of volunteers, IPPFAR tackles the continent’s growing sexual and reproductive health challenges through a network of Member Associations (MAs) in 39 countries.
We do this by developing our MAs into efficient entities with the capacity to deliver and sustain high quality, youth focused and gender sensitive services.
We work with governments, the African Union, regional economic commissions, the Pan-African Parliament, United Nations bodies among others to expand political and financial commitments to sexual and reproductive health and rights in Africa. IPPFAR led advocacy for the creation of the first continental framework for sexual and reproductive health, the Maputo Plan of Action (MPOA).
All people are free to make choices about their sexuality and well-being, in a world free of discrimination.
Building on a proud history of 65 years of achievement, we commit to lead a locally owned, globally connected civil society movement that provides and enables services and champions sexual and reproductive health and rights for all, especially the under-served.
Our core values guide the way we undertake our work. We believe:
- in social inclusion with a demonstrated commitment to enable the rights of the most under-served to be realised
- in diversity, respecting all regardless of their age, gender, status, identity, sexual orientation or expression
- our passion and determination inspire others to have the courage to challenge and seek social justice for all
- in the significant contribution our volunteerism delivers across a range of roles and as activists inspiring the Federation to advance its mission
- in accountability as a cornerstone of trust which is demonstrated through high performance, ethical standards and transparency.