About IPPF Africa Region
ABOUT IPPF AFRICA REGION (IPPFAR)
The International Planned Parenthood Federation Africa Region (IPPFAR) is one of the leading providers of quality sexual and reproductive health (SRH) services in Africa, and a strong and resolute sexual and reproductive health and rights (SRHR) advocacy voice in the region, committed to gender equality and to ensuring that women, girls and young people realize their rights and have control over their own bodies, their lives and their futures. Headquartered in Nairobi, Kenya, the overarching goal of IPPFAR is to increase access to integrated SRHR services to the most vulnerable youth, men, and women in sub-Saharan Africa.
Read our 2021 profile (in English and French) here.
Supported by thousands of volunteers, IPPFAR tackles the continent’s growing SRHR challenges through a committed network of Member Associations (MAs) in 40 countries. We do this by supporting and empowering the MAs into efficient entities with the capacity to deliver and sustain high-quality, youth-focused and gender-transformative services. We work with governments, the African Union, Regional Economic Commissions, the Pan-African Parliament, United Nations bodies among others to expand political and financial commitments to sexual and reproductive health and rights in Africa.
Learn more about us on our website.
All people are free to make choices about their sexuality and well-being, in a world free of discrimination.
Building on a proud history of 65 years of achievement, we commit to lead a locally owned, globally connected civil society movement that provides and enables services and champions sexual and reproductive health and rights for all, especially the under-served.
Our core values guide the way we undertake our work. We believe:
- in social inclusion with a demonstrated commitment to enable the rights of the most under-served to be realised
- in diversity, respecting all regardless of their age, gender, status, identity, sexual orientation or expression
- our passion and determination inspire others to have the courage to challenge and seek social justice for all
- in the significant contribution our volunteerism delivers across a range of roles and as activists inspiring the Federation to advance its mission
- in accountability as a cornerstone of trust which is demonstrated through high performance, ethical standards and transparency.